Ecology Ottawa is looking for an Election Organizer. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Election Organizer will provide support for Ecology Ottawa’s outreach campaigns on climate change. This goal is pursued by:
- Maintaining and expanding Ecology Ottawa’s base of grassroots support through door-to-door outreach and community events (60% of time);
- Mobilizing supporters of Ecology Ottawa campaigns to take action at strategic moments (10% of time);
- Processing, entering and updating supporter data into Ecology Ottawa’s database (10% of time);
- Creating and promoting campaign-related communications materials (10% of time); and
- Providing support to staff for campaign-specific events and activities (10% of time).
This position is for 40 hours/week. The vast majority of this time includes outdoor work on evenings and weekends in targeted areas of the city.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in political or community organizing;
- A passion for environmental and political advocacy, and strong commitment to social and environmental justice;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and meet targets;
- Working knowledge of NationBuilder or other CRM is an asset;
- French language skills are a major asset;
- A valid driver’s license is an asset;
- A good sense of humour.
The successful candidate will be conducting outreach in Kanata. Candidates living in Kanata or nearby areas, therefore, are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in working with Ottawa’s leading grassroots environmental organization and contributing to our efforts to make Ottawa the green capital of Canada, please send a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying along with your resume to: email@example.com. We thank all those who apply, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Period: 40 hours/week. Starts ASAP. This contract runs from until October 31.