Jean Pigott Place, Ottawa City Hall
(110 Laurier Avenue West)
Join the David Suzuki Foundation, Ecology Ottawa and Ecojustice for an interactive, multimedia forum about the future of environmental rights and responsibilities.
Over the past 50 years, environmental rights have been the fastest-growing body of human rights law internationally. In 2016, Ottawa joined 150 other municipalities in the Blue Dot movement and passed declarations recognizing the rights to a healthy environment. We have a historic opportunity to ensure everyone in Canada has the right to clean air and water, safe food and a stable climate. Come find out how!
The evening will feature stories and performances from guest speakers and environmental heroes, including:
- Peter Robinson, CEO of the David Suzuki Foundation
- Mayor Lisa Helps, City of Victoria
- Graham Saul, Executive Director of Ecology Ottawa
- Kaitlyn Mitchell, Staff Counsel, Ecojustice
- A special video message from David Suzuki!
- Musical performance by Derek Olive
When: 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Where: Jean Pigott Place, Ottawa City Hall (110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, ON K1P 1J1)
Ticket: $10. Get your ticket here, or at the Ecology Ottawa booth at the Great Glebe Green Garage Sale.