30 hrs/week starting immediately for a period of 8 weeks
Ecology Ottawa is looking for an Outreach Coordinator to join a dynamic team for an eight-week position funded by Canada Summer Jobs. Reporting to the Managing Director, the overall goal of the Outreach Coordinator is to enhance environmental protection at the local level in Ottawa. More specifically, the Outreach Coordinator will:
- conduct public education on environmental issues, reflecting Ecology Ottawa’s initiatives on climate change, sustainable urban design, and protection of area greenspace and waterways;
- organize and attend a number of outreach “boothing” opportunities, drawing from a list of over 100 public events;
- help manage volunteers involved in Ecology Ottawa’s various environmental initiatives;
- assist with data entry; and
- assist with organizing key events.
This position involves immersion in the tools and techniques of grassroots organizing, canvassing, volunteer management, data management and communications.
Successful candidates will have some combination of the following:
- a passion for environmental issues;
- strong interpersonal skills;
- a relevant educational, work and/or volunteer background;
- attention to detail;
- strong oral and writing skills (French language skills are a major asset); and
- a good sense of humour.
This position requires 30 hours per week for 8 weeks. Applicants must be students who:
- are between 15 and 30 years of age;
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- are Canadian citizens or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- are legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Candidates of an Aboriginal or visible minority background will be prioritized and are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in working with Ottawa’s leading grassroots environmental organization, please send a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying along with your resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Period: 30 hours per week for 8 weeks. Starts immediately.
To apply: Please send a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying along with your resumé to email@example.com. Only complete applications sent by email will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants will be considered as they apply. We thank all those who apply, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information about Ecology Ottawa, please visit our website at ecologyottawa.ca.