Friday, February 25, 2016 at Nottawasaga Inn, Alliston (1 hour north of Toronto), Forests Ontario will be holding their annual conference.
The regeneration of our forests depends on our ability to engage future generations of environmental leaders. How do we address the many challenges threatening sustainability and mobilize an environmentally engaged society to support our forests? Are we ready for tomorrow?
Register here to attend.
- Beech Bark Disease – Planning today for a healthy forest tomorrow – Barry Davidson, Westwind Forest Stewardship
- Exploring York Region’s ‘Living’ Forest Education Centre – DIALOG Architects and York Region
- The Next Workforce – Richard Cuddihy, EACOM Timber Corp.
- How Ontario’s nurseries are thinking ahead – Jenny Millson, Millson Forestry
- Modeling – what will my forest look like? – Scott McPherson, MNRF
- Instilling a passion for the environment – Stephen Bocking, Trent University
- Youth Panel – how can we better engage with tomorrow’s stewards? – Teachers and Youth
- NEW – Seed Forecasting and Collection Workshop – $50 per person, taking place from 8am-9am the morning of conference. Includes a manual.
The full agenda may be accessed here.