Volunteer opportunity – Complete Streets Team Member (Active City Campaign)
Do you care about better cycling and pedestrian infrastructure for all ages and abilities? Our Active City Campaign needs your help! Ottawa need to increase the number of streets that are walkable and favors the use of active transportation. An important focus of the Active City Campaign is to encourage the City of Ottawa to move towards implementing complete streets that are designed to support all modes of transportation (cyclists, pedestrians, public transit, cars, etc.).
We are looking for a volunteer who is able to make an ongoing commitment (approximately 4-16 hours a week depending on availability) to assist the Complete Street’s team towards designing safer, healthier and more sustainable streets in the City of Ottawa.
- In collaboration with the team, lead up-to-date research regarding future street restorations and how the Complete Street principles can be applied to significant development projects
- Prepare graphics, spreadsheets and additional material in support of community outreach
- Assist with facilitating team meetings, as well as keeping track of team’s progress
- Additional tasks as needed
- Knowledge and general interest in environmental initiatives, practices and theory
- Team player
Experience using Microsoft Office, Google Maps, related education and French language skills would be considered assets but are not required.
To apply, email Camilla Mallberg at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your interest in this position along with any related skills.