November 12, 13 – Ottawa (Westin Hotel)
The Canadian Climate Forum is offering attendees who register through Ecology Ottawa a discounted rate. Contact Charles at email@example.com for more information.
A one and a half day gathering to raise awareness, share knowledge and drive action to address food security in the face of a changing climate. The event’s main objectives are to:
- Enhance levels of understanding about the impact climate change has on food (and seed) production, distribution, value, and life cycle management.
- Engage stakeholders from multi-sectors and jurisdictions to share evidence, strategies and solutions.
- Develop priorities and recommendations for action to help guide decisions and best practices that lead to more sustainable, safe, and nutritious food.
- French Ambassador to Canada Mr. Nicolas Chapuis
- The Honourable Glen Murray, Ontario Minister of Environment and Climate Change
- Dr. Tom Pedersen, Chair, Canadian Climate Forum
- Mr. Ron Bonnett, President, Canadian Federation of Agriculture
- Mr. Robert Sandford, EPCOR Water Security Research Chair, United Nations University Institute for Water, Environment & Health
- Dr. Dave Sauchyn, Research Chair, Water Resources and Climate Change, University of Regina
- Dr. Susan Wood-Bohm, Executive Director, Biological GHG Management Program, Alberta Innovates – BIO Solutions
- Dr. Richard Hebda, Heritage Potatoes Climate Project
- Dr. Laurie Chan, Research Chair, Toxicology and Environmental Health, University of Ottawa
- Dr. Don Lemmen, Research Manager, Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Division, Department of Natural Resources
- Ms. Geraldine Van Bibber, Chancellor, Yukon College, member of the Gwich’in First Nation
- Ms. Anne Hammill, Director, Resilience, International Institute for Sustainable Development
- Dr. R. Ian Perry, Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- Dr. Don McCabe, President of Ontario Federation of Agriculture, Past President of the Soil Conservation Council of Canada
- Dr. Karin Wittenberg, Dean, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, University of Manitoba
- Ms. Jane Rabinowicz, National Director for The Bauta Family Initiative on Canadian Seed Security
- Dr. Brian Riddell, Pacific Salmon Foundation
- Mr. Ed Desson, Nisga’a Lisims Government
- Dr. Tim Benton, Global Food Security Programme (UK)
- Dr. Lars-Otto Reiersen, Executive Secretary, Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme
- Dr. Hans Hurni, University of Berne