Please note: this event always sells out, so please get your tickets early.
Join us for Ecology Ottawa’s 9th annual Gala Dinner on Thursday, November 26, 2015 at the St. Elias Banquet Centre to celebrate the active environmental community in Ottawa and the start of the Winter Holiday season!
Eco Gala 2015 will include former Parliamentary Budget Officer Kevin Page as our guest speaker, along with a delicious four course dinner, a silent auction, and an opportunity to connect with the people and community groups growing the environmental movement. This event sells out every year and for 2015 we plan to have over 550 guests attend. This is a great way to support Ecology Ottawa’s important outreach and community building projects while having fun.
Thursday, November 26, 2015
St. Elias Banquet Centre, 750 Ridgewood Ave.
Get there via: Bike path along Colonel By then Mooney’s Bay, left on Ridgewood;
or take OC Transpo bus Route 87
5:30 p.m. Doors open, socializing and silent auction
7:00 p.m. Dinner and guest speakers
$60 – Student/Senior;
$75 – General admission;
$560 – Table of Eight (savings of $40!)
It’s a federal election year, so we’ve invited Kevin Page, former Parliamentary Budget Officer of Canada, to be our keynote speaker.
Guest Speaker — Kevin Page
Kevin Page was Canada’s first Parliamentary Budget Officer from 2008 to 2013. During his tenure, Mr. Page won accolades for his fearlessness in questioning government estimates and for speaking truth to power. He will be speaking about a new deal for Canadian cities in their fight against climate change.
Ecology Ottawa is proud to announce that Eco Gala 2015 dinner will be prepared by
- Sourdough Spelt Bread (with barley and purple corn flour fromAgainst the Grain farm, Mountain, Ontario)
- Organic Olive Oil and Balsamic
- Edamame Dip (Canadian edamame soybeans, fresh spinach from Navan)
- Organic Olive Tapenade, black and green
- Organic Carrot Salsa
- Yellow Split Pea Soup (organic Canadian peas, local organic vegetables)
- Mixed Greens Salad (freshly picked by Christiane Gravelle in Navan, thanks to the mild November)
- Jerusalem Artichoke Salad (organic from Ferme aux Pleines Saveurs, Québec)
- Marinated Beets (organic, from Jack Lytle near Arnprior)
- Anna’s Organic Cabbage Kim-Chi (not spicy) (cabbage from John Weatherhead, Lanark)
- Roasted Carrot Salad (organic Ontario carrots)
- Orzo Salad (contains wheat and Canadian goat feta)
- Chick Pea Curry (organic)
- Hot Sauce (local organic peppers and fresh cilantro)
- Cabbage Rolls (organic savoy cabbage from Jack Lytle, near Arnprior)
- Parsnips in Red Pepper Sauce (Navan-grown parsnips, red peppers from Chris diTomasso in Winchester)
- Roasted Organic Potatoes (blue from John Weatherhead, all-red from Jack Lytle)
- Organic Squash, ginger-tamari sauce (squash from Ron Farmer, Lanark)
- Organic Mashed Turnip (contains dairy) Jack Lytle’s turnips
- Brussel’s Sprouts (Québec)
- Organic Apple Sauce (Québec apples), topped with cashew creme
- Organic Pumpkin Cake (local organic pumpkins, gluten-free, contains eggs and dairy)
NOTE: All items are vegan and gluten-free except for the Sourdough Bread (vegan, contains gluten), the Orzo Salad (wheat and goat feta), the Mashed Turnip, gluten-free, contains dairy. Pumpkin cake is gluten free but not vegan. The only oil used is organic extra virgin olive oil.
For more information on how to sponsor our Eco Gala or volunteer to make the event a success, please contact the Eco Gala 2015 team at 613-860-5353 or email Aija Auzina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our annual dinner would not be possible without the great support of sponsors
In an increasingly competitive market, corporate social responsibility as well as sustainability initiatives have never been more important to local companies. Attracting environmentally conscious clients is seen as one of the leading strategies for growing and expanding a business. Partnering with Ecology Ottawa is an opportunity for your company to directly support ongoing environmental initiatives in Ottawa and associate your business with a progressive and forward thinking not-for-profit organization.
We are currently accepting sponsors and would like to discuss opportunities with you. Benefits to our sponsors are numerous and include advertisement at the dinner and promotion in various forms. We have over 60,000 supporters and a volunteer base of over 1,000 people, with these numbers growing every day! Over 6,000 local residents have directly donated to our organization. We reach a large number of people through our social media platforms and our bi-weekly newsletter. We also have a number of partners in Ottawa, including community groups, non-profit organizations and businesses that support our initiatives. This year for our annual Great Glebe GREEN Garage Sale, another Ecology Ottawa event, we had over 50 sponsors.
Businesses in Ottawa know that their customers are environmentally conscious and appreciate their efforts to make positive change in the community. Partnering with Ecology Ottawa allows you to reach all of these individuals, network at our Gala Dinner, and gain recognition as a local environmental leader. We are seeking cash sponsors for the event and/or donations of food and silent auction items. Please contact us for more details on the partnership offerings at 613-860-5353.