Ecology Ottawa is looking for an Election Organizer to join a dynamic team. The Election Organizer will organize in a local riding within the context of the upcoming federal election. The goal is to promote environmental leadership at the federal level while strengthening Ecology Ottawa’s volunteer and supporter network. This position involves immersion in the tools and techniques of grassroots organizing, canvassing, volunteer management, data management and communications.
Reporting to Ecology Ottawa’s Lead Organizer, the Election Organizer’s primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead and implement a sustained campaign of direct community outreach, primarily including door-to-door canvassing;
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders, using grassroots organizing best practices;
- Take responsibility for inputting and analyzing canvass data;
- Conduct strategic communications activities;
- Organize local events; and
- Take part in all relevant training offered by Ecology Ottawa.
Successful candidates will have some combination of the following:
- Experience with grassroots organizing and direct outreach;
- A passion for environmental and political advocacy;
- A strong commitment to social and environmental justice;
- A relevant educational, work and/or volunteer background (familiarity with database and contact management systems is a major asset);
- Attention to detail;
- Strong oral and writing skills (French language skills are a major asset);
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- A good sense of humour.
If you are interested in working with Ottawa’s leading grassroots environmental organization and contributing to our efforts to make Ottawa the green capital of Canada, please send a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying along with your resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Period: Full time. Starts immediately. Ends September 4, 2015, or whenever election period ends.
To apply: Please send a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying along with your resumé to email@example.com. Only complete applications sent by email will be considered. No phone calls please.
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We thank all those who apply, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, walk-ins or other enquiries please. Ecology Ottawa is committed to employment equity, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
For further information about Ecology Ottawa, please visit our website at www.ecologyottawa.ca.