Conversations on Climate Change and What We Are All Doing to Make A Difference
Sept 28-Oct 2nd — Events every day — on-going fast and vigil on Parliament Hill Sept 29-Oct 2, 9-5
Drop by and visit if you are in the neighbourhood
We are highlighting, in both our films and speaker events, different group’s creative and successful strategies that are making a difference.
- Opening Ceremony and Vigil Dedication, Parliament Hill, Sunday, Sept 28th at 5 pm.
- Intergenerational Conversation, University of Ottawa, Social Science 4006, Mon. Sept 29th. 10am. We are starting the conversation with a showing of the film ‘Do the Math’, giving us the real numbers showing why we must take action now. This is followed by a round table sharing of actions we are taking, followed by a training on MP visiting. Participating students are invited to attend question period on parliament hill at 2 pm and to visit with an MP after 3 pm.
- Hands ON, Ottawa Premiere Mon. Sept 29th, Main Library on Metcalfe, 6:00 pm followed by panel with Graham Saul, Ecology Ottawa; Jane Lindsay, West End Well Coop; and Janice Ashworth, Ottawa Renewable Energy Coop. The film profiles five women activists on four continents and how they are working for change. (Thanks to OPL for sponsorship). The panel will share creative strategies we are growing at home here in Ottawa to make the transition to sustainable community.
- People of Faith Discuss Climate Change, Tuesday Sept 30th – 10am to 1 pm, at St. Paul’s Eastern United Church (Cumberland and Daly). (Pot Luck Lunch) Come and find out what people from different faith communities are doing to take action. Could we be more effective if we worked together as an Interfaith Community?
- ‘The Change Agents,” 6 pm-8:15 with our partner, The Main Library at Metcalfe. The film shows how a high school class, led by a student inspired by her faith history, worked to raise awareness in their community. (Thanks to OPL for sponsorship) Inspiring drama followed by discussion. Donations on behalf of the producer will be invited but not required.
- Climate Fastival on Wednesday, Oct. 1st 11:30am to 1pm (Climate First on the First) on Parliament Hill. Enjoy music & fun interspersed by great speakers bringing strategy & hope. Highlights will be Maude Barlow, Tony Turner, Chris White, and Vela, The Raging Grannies, and the First Unitarian SWAT Choir (Song Will Always Triumph.) Please bring your letters to the Prime Minister. We’ll take the time to walk over and stuff his mailbox full to let hime know the people want action on climate.
- Activist Conversations on Thursday, Oct 2nd, 10am to 1 pm (brown bag lunch) for social action and social service groups working on climate issues. Come and share in a round table format what your group is doing and hear what strategies others are using. Explore what we might do together. Oxfam Boardroom, 39 McArthur Ave. Co-sponsored by Climate Action Network (CAN), Canadian Centre for International Cooperation (CCIC), and Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL).
- Closing Ceremony and candle light vigil, Parliament Hill, Thurs, Oct 2nd, 7 pm.
RSVP to email@example.com to get involved or obtain more information.
More info at: www.climatefast.ca