Want to connect with the residents of Ottawa while promoting environmental leadership in the city? Ecology Ottawa is looking for Electoral Outreach Volunteers to join a dynamic team going door to door in Orléans and Blackburn Hamlet.
We want clean rivers and streams, a healthy urban tree canopy, a robust municipal climate change strategy, safe and walkable communities, and a city that’s safe from dangerous tar sands pipelines. We know the key to our success is mobilizing concerned individuals around the issues that matter to them, and we know the most effective way to connect with these people is through direct outreach.
As part of this opportunity, Electoral Outreach Volunteers are expected to:
• Provide a minimum of 6 hours per week on an unpaid basis until the end of October (candidates will be prioritized according to their time commitment);
• Become familiar with Ecology Ottawa’s issue campaigns and organizational philosophy; and
• Take part in all relevant training offered by Ecology Ottawa, if interested.
Successful candidates for this volunteer position will have some combination of the following:
• A passion for environmental and political advocacy;
• A strong commitment to social and environmental justice;
• An interest in learning more about – and contributing to – environmental organizations and project and campaign development;
• Attention to detail;
• Strong oral skills (French language skills are a major asset);
• Strong interpersonal skills; and
• A good sense of humour.
We are seeking to bring together a small team of committed volunteers and applications will be considered as they are received.
If you are interested in gaining experience with Ottawa’s leading grassroots environmental organization and contributing to our efforts to make Ottawa the green capital of Canada, please send a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.