Campaign Coordinator Position at Ecology Ottawa
Scope of Work:
Ecology Ottawa is seeking a Campaign Coordinator for a three to four month contract to assist the Executive Director in tracking and coordinating critical aspects of our organizational workplan. The organization is working to educate decision-makers and the general public on the importance of promoting complete streets, increased tree coverage, healthy watersheds, and a clean energy transition within the context of the 2014 City of Ottawa municipal election. The Campaign Coordinator will help ensure that our various activities are coordinated and properly resourced and prepared.
The Campaign Coordinator is supervised by the Executive Director.
Ecology Ottawa is a volunteer-driven organization working to make Ottawa the green capital of Canada. We believe that Ottawa residents are concerned about issues such as pollution, waste, and global warming, and that they want sustainable communities where clean air and water, public transit, renewable energy, recycling, and green space protection take priority. We are working with residents and community organizations to ensure that these concerns are heard at city hall.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drafting and tracking Ecology Ottawa’s campaign workplan, monitoring metrics and providing updates on progress.
- Providing volunteer leaders with direction, resources and active support to develop workplans and carry out work.
- Recruiting, training and supervising volunteers, who play an integral role in our campaigns.
- Organizing and facilitating campaign meetings.
- Overseeing media relations and communications for the project
- Carrying out logistics associated with the project, in partnership with other Ecology Ottawa staff
- Supervising interns, volunteer coordinators and other volunteers as requested
- Carrying out other activities, as necessary
The successful candidate will have a combination of:
- Passion for environmental issues and community organizing
- Demonstrated experience and interest in community organizing and outreach
- Experience and aptitude for managing volunteers and interns, and the ability to work with a diversity of partners
- Experience with campaigning and engagement in the democratic process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French, bilingualism would be a bonus.
- Excellent in-person and phone presentation manner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a small team, and able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interest in municipal and environmental issues.
- Ability to work legally in Canada.
- Available immediately.
Compensation: $16/hr or $640/week
Period: Full time, 14-16 weeks, starting as close to July 15 as practical.
To apply: Please send a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the position and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications sent by email will be considered.
Closing date: July 10, 2014
Anticipated start date: Around July 15, 2014.
We thank all those who apply, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or enquiries please. Ecology Ottawa is committed to employment equity, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
For further information about Ecology Ottawa, please visit our website at www.ecologyottawa.ca