There is still time for comments to be submitted to the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) on the proposed Energy East pipeline that would ship over 1 million barrels of tarsands crude thorugh Ottawa.
It’s an unprecedented consultation process. 200 of us went to the public hearing in Stittsville April 7 to say why the pipeline’s all risk and no reward for Ottawa, now please have your say and tell the OEB you want a Tar Free 613 !
All comments will be included in summaries of the consultation process.
Not sure what to say?
Looking for something more detailed? Check out these suggested topics:
- Climate Change and Energy East
- Increase in Rail Traffic
- What a Pipeline Spill Would Mean for Ottawa
- The Impossibility of Cleaning up a Pipeline Spill Here
- Threats to Water Supplies
- This is an export pipeline
- We should not invest in Tar Sands (Also this)
- Investing in renewables creates more jobs that are also green
- TransCanada has a poor safety record
- We are not prepared for a spill
- The Tar Sands are poisoning Native communities nearby
You may also be interested in reading a write-up about what was said at the Ontario Energy Board in-person meeting in Stittsville on April 7th, or watching a brief video of highlights of the discussion, below!